When I was on a quest to tone up and loose my flabby belly I turned to lemon water – and I don’t regret it one bit! I would have a glass of room temperature water with a wedge of lemon (squeeze in the juice, careful not to get any pips in) and wait 15-20 afterwards before eating breakfast everyday. I’d still exercise and keep up my healthy eating but this little change to my morning routine made a world of difference to my body inside and out. Lets get into the many benefits of lemon water…
- Helps you loose weight – lemons contain Pectin Fiber which assists in fighting off those hunger cravings
- Aids digestion – it encourages healthy digestion but loosening toxins and helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as bloating, heartburn and burping
- Reduces inflammation – it will decrease the acidity in your body which helps remove uric acid in your joints which is the main cause of inflammation
- Clearer skin – the antioxidants help reduce the appearance of blemishes, wrinkles, ages spots and even scars! I found it really makes my skin radiant and glowing, which is great as it is such a cheap alternative to face creams.
- Immune system boost – lemon juice is full of Vitamin C helping you to keep a healthy immune system, warm up your lemon water to help clear a sore throat.
- Freshens your breath – the acid in the lemon juice can kill any smelly bacteria giving you fresh breath
- Cleanses your system – it will flush out the toxins helping to stimulate your liver and enhancing your natural enzyme function
- Energy boost – I definitely noticed a massive boost in my energy levels after drinking this, it can even help reduce depression and anxiety as the smell of lemon has a calming effect on the body
I really really really recommend incorporating this into your morning routine as I noticed a significant change in my body (so did my mum, she’s a good lass) so hopefully you will too! Let me know if you try it out and what changes you noticed 🙂
Happy detoxing and blogging!