When I was on a quest to tone up and loose my flabby belly I turned to lemon water – and I don’t regret it one bit! I would have a glass of room temperature water with a wedge of lemon (squeeze in the juice, careful not to get any pips in) and wait 15-20 afterwards before eating breakfast everyday. I’d still exercise and keep up my healthy eating but this little change to my morning routine made a world of difference to my body inside and out. Lets get into the many benefits of lemon water…
- Helps you loose weight – lemons contain Pectin Fiber which assists in fighting off those hunger cravings
- Aids digestion – it encourages healthy digestion but loosening toxins and helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as bloating, heartburn and burping
- Reduces inflammation – it will decrease the acidity in your body which helps remove uric acid in your joints which is the main cause of inflammation
- Clearer skin – the antioxidants help reduce the appearance of blemishes, wrinkles, ages spots and even scars! I found it really makes my skin radiant and glowing, which is great as it is such a cheap alternative to face creams.
- Immune system boost – lemon juice is full of Vitamin C helping you to keep a healthy immune system, warm up your lemon water to help clear a sore throat.
- Freshens your breath – the acid in the lemon juice can kill any smelly bacteria giving you fresh breath
- Cleanses your system – it will flush out the toxins helping to stimulate your liver and enhancing your natural enzyme function
- Energy boost – I definitely noticed a massive boost in my energy levels after drinking this, it can even help reduce depression and anxiety as the smell of lemon has a calming effect on the body
I really really really recommend incorporating this into your morning routine as I noticed a significant change in my body (so did my mum, she’s a good lass) so hopefully you will too! Let me know if you try it out and what changes you noticed 🙂
Happy detoxing and blogging!
Last year my boyfriend surprised me with a dream trip to New York – and boy did it exceed all expectations! New York is absolutely incredible and truly is the city that never sleeps. I was overwhelmed by the people, food, buildings and most of all the atmosphere, everywhere you go there would be music and laughing which instantly puts a grin on your face!
Even though the weather was dreary (wasn’t far from the normal UK weather) everywhere I looked was postcard worthy! I felt like a true New Yorker after a couple of hours of figuring out the street systems (aside from my very obvious British accent, I fitted right in! Which was easy considering I’m 5’2″)
If you’re ever in New York you definitely need a day to walk around and take everything in, that’s the best way to see a City’s true personality if you ask me! Take a walk in Central Park, have a picnic, walk up 5th Avenue, take a stroll around Times Square, visit Madison Square Gardens or even book a helicopter ride to see the veins of the city from the skys.
Us in the Helicopter
Central Park will forever be my ‘happy place’
We done a lot of walking rather than taking the Subway, it’s always worth it as you get to see beauties like this!
I’d love to visit New York again in the near future! Where’s your dream destination?
It’s safe to say I was sceptical about starting up a blog, Instagram and my Youtube account, (I haven’t posted a video yet as I’m working on it, but subscribe to be notified) but then I asked myself why? I’ve always lived by the motto ‘why go through life unnoticed’ which is a great for me as I’m fairly shy, but this helps me to come out of my shell for an adventure! I didn’t want to contradict myself by going against my own words so I plucked up the courage and started one, and I don’t regret it one bit! I love Niomi Smart (who I’m sure a lot of you have heard of) and she inspired me to follow my own path and do what makes me happy, so thank you!
I wish to fulfil my desire to write and capture the world around me and share it with people who come from completely different backgrounds. So bare with me people, I might be a bit ropey at times but I’m just adjusting to the new challenges 🙂